Move Line Comments over 1 character

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by ernesto
Trying to move my line comments over 1 character in the Editor.SelectedView.CommentLines method

If I see an exclamation ! at the beginning of the line when commenting out lines I want to move the comment character to the right one space. My comment character is the apostrophe '

Before commenting the line:
!This is a line to comment

After commenting the line, this is my goal:
!'This is a line to comment

This is what I have in my VB code

Select Case Operation
                    Case AppOperation.LinesComment
                        editor.SelectedView.CommentLines()

Case AppOperation.LinesUnComment
                        editor.SelectedView.UncommentLines()

End Select
This is what I have in my XML language file

<!-- Comments -->
        <State Key="CommentState" TokenKey="CommentDefaultToken" Style="CommentDefaultStyle">
            <!-- Scopes -->
            <Scopes>
                <Scope>
                    <ExplicitPatternGroup Type="StartScope" TokenKey="CommentStartToken" Style="CommentDelimiterStyle" PatternValue="'" />
                    <RegexPatternGroup Type="EndScope" TokenKey="CommentEndToken" Style="CommentDelimiterStyle" PatternValue="{LineTerminatorMacro}" IsWhitespace="True" />
                </Scope>
            </Scopes>
        </State>
Thanks for any help

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but the built-in comment line features will add/remove text specified by SyntaxLanguage.LineCommentDelimiter at the start of the lines only.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by ernesto
Solution found!

' Get first and last line positions of the currently selected text
                Dim firstLine As Integer = editor.SelectedView.Selection.FirstEditPosition.Line
                Dim lastLine As Integer = editor.SelectedView.Selection.LastEditPosition.Line

Select Case Operation
Case AppOperation.LinesComment
Dim index As Integer
                            ' Iterate through all selected lines of text to add an apostrophe ' charater directly after the exclaimation character !
                            For index = firstLine To lastLine
                                editor.Document.Lines.Item(index).Text = editor.Document.Lines.Item(index).Text.Insert(1, "'")
                            Next

Case AppOperation.LinesUnComment
Dim index As Integer
                            ' Iterate through all selected lines of text and determine if the line starts an exlaimation and an apostrophe !'
                            ' indicating that the current line is commented out.  Then remove the apostrophe to Uncomment the line
                            For index = firstLine To lastLine
                                If editor.Document.Lines.Item(index).Text.StartsWith("!'") Then
                                    editor.Document.Lines.Item(index).Text = editor.Document.Lines.Item(index).Text.Remove(1, 1)
                                End If
                            Next

End Select
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.