Posted 15 years ago by Stephen Curle
Version: 4.0.0280
I notice that the add-on appears to be able to automatically generate a tooltip message based on xml comments however this doesn't appear to work in respect of an external reference that I am using. Is this feature unavailable or could I be doing something wrong ?

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Stephen,

It's available for any external reference. However the XML documentation comment file must be able to be located in the same folder as your external reference. Otherwise there is no documentation for it to display that it knows about.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Waldemar
Is it true, that only public methods have tooltip message based on xml comments (I don't see it for protected methods but I can see it for public methods)?
Waldemar,

Our code should pull in any XML comments that are available in the .xml file that Visual Studio created, regardless of the access level of the method.

If you aren't seeing comments appear for a member that definitely has data in the documentation comment .xml file for the assembly, please email over a simple sample showing it. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Waldemar
I made some investigation and found that problem may concern nullable params of methods.

For example :
protected string AmountAsWords(double? value) // comments don't appear
protected string AmountAsWords(double value) // works fine
Thanks, this is now fixed for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 25 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.