Users getting errors on a theme color reference

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by FinallyInSeattle
Version: 4.5.0484
My users are getting the following error when running:

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException occurred
Message=" Cannot find type 'ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Navigation.Themes.NavigationBarCommonDictionary'. The assembly used when compiling might be different than that used when loading and the type is missing.

The referenced line in the error message contains:
Background="{DynamicResource {x:Static themes:NavigationBarCommonDictionary.WindowBackgroundBrushKey}}"

"themes" is declared as:
xmlns:themes="http://schemas.actiprosoftware.com/winfx/xaml/themes"

I've verified that I've included/referenced the appropriate versions of the Docking, Navigation, Ribbon & Shared dll's in the build. I'm not seeing this issue on my machine. What exactly is this error indicative of?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I've only seen that error when there truly was a mismatch between what was referenced and what was compiled. If you are only using the assembly versions that we have compiled, and you have distributed the exact same assemblies, etc. that you referenced, you should never run into this.

From your account I see you own a Blueprint license. So perhaps you are compiling from the source code instead of using our pre-built assemblies? If so, something in your compilation of our source code and referencing/distribution of the resulting source code is where I'd look.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.