SemanticParseDataChanged event

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Adam Dickinson
Version: 4.0.0280
What would stop and/or prevent the SemanticParseDataChanged event from firing on a Document?

Normally, it is fired on pretty much every edit that I make, but if I type in something very specfically incorrect for my language, the event stops firing. I continue typing and correct my mistakes. No more SemanticParseDataChanged event. I try removing the bad line of code. No more SemanticParseDataChanged event. I have to restart my application.

The bad code causes a grammar error, and sometimes, but not every time, causes code that follows to have grammar errors because what you're typing is incomplete, semantically.

What makes the problem more complex to track down is the fact that I haven't been able to reproduce it in the most simplest of cases. My users have had to find very specific files and lines in those files in which the bug can appear. I've been slowly building up the complexity of my test case, but so far no luck.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Adam,

The only time we've ever heard of this happening is if your semantic parser enters an infinite loop and therefore blocks the SemanticParserService worker thread from ever returning. I'd look for that scenario in your code. Maybe break in VS when this situation occurs in your app and switch to the SemanticParserService thread to see if it is in fact stuck in a loop in your code.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Adam Dickinson
Thanks.

I haven't confirmed the infinite loop, but that seems plausible. I made an adjustment to my language in the Grammar Designer yesterday after I posted the question and the issue seems to be resolved.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.