PopupGallery InitialColumnCount question

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by David Mullin
Version: 4.5.0485
I'm setting the InitialColumnCount property on my PopupGallery, and it is coming up looking exactly like I'd expect, which is good. However, once this property is set, the user is not able to manually resize the Popup to be smaller than that number of columns. They can make it bigger, but not smaller.

Is this the expected behavior? Am I missing something? Is there any way to tell it to start out at a certain size, but allow it to be manually resized smaller?

David Mullin
IMA Technologies

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

That behavior is coded in right now. The problem is that right now, the resize code resizes the gallery and not the popup directly. This is needed for certain reasons like ensuring that additional menu items always stay visible, etc. But if we allow it to go smaller, eventually you get the popupgallery to be smaller than the width of the popup (due to minimum size of additional menu items). It's hard to explain without seeing it, but the gist is, we'd need to look into changing how we do resizing while still not adversely affecting our rich feature set in this area. We'll add it to the TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by David Mullin
I think I understand the issue.

What would be satisfactory for me would be to add another property - MinimumColumnCount (which could default to 1). You would then use MinimumColumnCount to control at what point you stop resizing smaller, and InitialColumnCount to control the width that the popup starts at.

Might that work?

David Mullin
IMA Technologies
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
David,

Great minds think alike! :) That's actually what we had written down in the TODO item for this feature, to allow the minimum number of columns to be set, defaulting to 1.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.