Posted 19 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
I have an intermittent crash where a SyntaxEditor says it cannot be displayed because it has already been disposed. I put a breakpoint on its Dispose method, and it is never hit. It seems to happen when this control is set Visible=false for a while then back to Visible. By chance, is there anywhere in your code where the control could kill itself without being explicitly asked to? I have worked around the problem by not hiding the control and instead disabling it.

thanks,
Jake

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That's odd... the public SyntaxEditor.Dispose method and the class' finalizer should be the only things that can make the disposed flag get set. If you can duplicate the problem, can you make a small sample project and send it to us? That would help debug it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
I am still working on recreating the problem. I can get it to happen in my app after about 10 minutes. I will post a sample if I can narrow the recreation.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.