Problems with Licenses

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by Irfan
I am having a problem with the license when the application is deployed. For some reason the license is not getting compiled into the application. I have read all the posts on the board that deal with licensing but still cannot resolve the problem.

How do I verify that the license for Actipro SyntaxEditor is getting compiled into the application? I do have an issue where if I remove the line in the licenses.licx file containing the ActiPro SyntaxEditor information, it doesn't get added back in when I rebuild the solution in Visual Studio .NET 2003. Is there a way I can manually add the license in my application?

Thanks.

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The problem is most likely the licenses.licx file. You must ensure it is included in the project that calls SyntaxEditor, and that its Build Method (in the Properties tool window) says Embedded Resource. Then make sure it has the correct entry for SyntaxEditor. You can copy the one from our sample project.

If that doesn't resolve it, send me an email and I can help your further.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.