Programmatically creating mutli document interfaces

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by dean
Version: 4.5.0486
Cam some point me in the direction of how to create multiple document/window applications via the api rather than XAML?

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Dean,

Yes, we'll add a new QuickStart for the next maintenance release that will show how to create an entire DockSite layout with tool windows in multiple states and document windows in an MDI area.

We'll e-mail the code to you as soon as we implement it since the maintenance release might not be for a couple weeks.

Actipro Software Support

That sounds very helpful.

Will this quick start be done entirly through c# code (NO XAML).

I am trying to work out how to create the controls with otu using XAML
Hi Dean,

Actually we sent you a ZIP containing the QuickStart code yesterday afternoon via email in reply to the email you sent us on this issue. Did you get that?

Yes, is shows 100% C#/VB code creating a layout within a DockSite. No XAML other than putting the root DockSite in the Window.

Actipro Software Support

I can not find the email with the attachment.

Would it be possible for you to resend it to me please?
Hi Dean

You can go here to view your ticket and get the attachment in our email from there:
http://support.actiprosoftware.com/Main/frmTickets.aspx

Just enter your ticket number from your original email (1DE-114B2450-F15F) and your email address. It looks like you used your "work" email address when emailing that in, not your gmail.

Let us know if you have any trouble.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.