Can't find ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Wpf30.Aero

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Jon von Gillern
When I turn on "break when exception is thrown" via Ctrl+Alt+E (http://www.vonsharp.net/MostUsefulVSFeatureNoOneKnowsAbout.aspx) I get a file not found exception in the InitializeComponent() of the main MainControl.xaml.cs

"Could not load file or assembly 'ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Wpf30.Aero, Version=4.5.485.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=36ff2196ab5654b9' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I can't find a ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Wpf30.Aero dll. The app somehow recovers from this thrown error and keeps chugging along, but I thought I'd let you know about it.

If anyone else is getting this error, you can just uncheck the "FileNotFoundException" in the exceptions dialog box.

Comments (6)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Jon,

Right now only Classic theme is defined in the assembly. Aero isn't defined yet but will be for an upcoming release. So even though we have the ThemeInfo attribute set to look in SourceAssembly only, it is falling back to searching for an assembly. Anyhow, this should be resolved once we add the XAML for the other themes in a future release. Thanks for the note.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Adrian Anton-Onofrei
Hi guys,

Any news about the themes for SyntaxEditor? I'm having trouble setting the theme and I suspect this might be the reason (that they are not defined yet).

Thanks,
Adrian
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Adrian,

The themes (Aero, etc.) are defined for SyntaxEditor now however they all still use the same one. Since scrollbars are rendered external to our control there isn't much to change between system themes anyhow.

Is there anything specific you'd like us to update for various themes (other than ScrollBars since those are themed externally)?

Actipro Software Support

I am actually ok with just styling the scrollbar but it seems that it doesn't do that by default. If I add a some Actipro controls and a syntax editor on a form and call:

ThemeManager.CurrentTheme = selectedTheme;

everything is styled except the scrollbar from the syntax editor.
Can you please point me in the right direction in order to style the scrollbar too?

Thanks,
Adrian
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Adrian,

We don't include styles for ScrollBar in SyntaxEditor since we want to end up using whatever style you have set for your app's ScrollBars. If you are using an Office theme, we have some ScrollBar styles defined in our Ribbon product for the Office theme. You can use them by including this in your App's Resources:
<Style TargetType="ScrollBar" BasedOn="{StaticResource {x:Static ribbon:RibbonStyles.ScrollBarKey}}" />

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, this solved my problem.

Adrian
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.