Dock Guides appear above Interop - BROKEN!

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Andrey
Version: 4.5.0486
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
Hi!

Just downloaded v4.5.0486 and ran into a blocker issue. Help says: "Dock guides and drop target previews currently have special functionality to ensure that they always appear above any interop content." It is no longer true in 0486. Interop content is displayed above both dock guides and drop target. I hope it is a bug, not a design decision.

Thanks,
Andrey.

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Andrey,

In build 486 we changed it so that that functionality only kicks in when DockSite.UseHostedAutoHidePopups is false, which also enables related auto-hide flyouts to appear over interop. Make sure that is set correctly and everything should work ok for you like before.

Dock guides and drop targets normally use adorners for display however when dealing with the interop issues (when UseHostedAutoHidePopups == false), we make them use Popups. There are a couple minor issues with Popups in general in WPF so we now don't use that mode unless we need to per the UseHostedAutoHidePopups setting.

In a future version we may make a breaking change on that property to call it something more like IsInteropCompatibilityEnabled so it is clear it encompasses more than just the auto-hide flyout compatibility.

We'll update the docs, they should indicate the information above.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Andrey
Thanks for the quick answer!
Posted 15 years ago by Robert Walker
I agree that the adorners work when you set the UseHostedAutoHidePopups="False", but when you use a shaped window (Transparent Window), you can not see the docking adorners. I would assume that you could style the docking adorners, but I cannot the correct setting. Any help on this will be appreciated.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Robert,

Can you please put together a simple sample project that shows the issue and email it over so we can see it? Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.