Window Style not getting applied in Ribbon Window

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Khushal muzumdar
Version: 4.5.0486
Hi,

I am setting the window style property of the ribbon window to "ToolWindow" but it is not getting applied and window has both maximize and minimize buttons on its title bar.

Please let me how to apply "ToolWindow" style so that its effect can be seen on the ribbon window.

Thanks,

Khushal

Comments (9)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry but RibbonWindow doesn't support the ToolWindow style. It only supports the large title styles.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Khushal muzumdar
Hi,

Thanks for highlighting me on this aspect.

Is there any way so that i can get ribbon window displayed without maximize and minimize buttons on its title bar while still making the window resizable,but only with grip.

Thanks,

Khushal
Sorry but we follow the standard Window options and I don't believe there is a setting that accomplishes that while keeping a large title bar.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Simon Deguire
It also ignores the WindowStyle = WindowStyle.None;
I would need it to make a full screen toggle.

WPFWindow.WindowStyle = WindowStyle.None;
WPFWindow.WindowState = WindowState.Maximized;

It's a full screen window with Window, but a maximized window with RibbonWindow.
Simon,

In order to get the custom chrome in RibbonWindow, it is already set to WindowStyle=None and we render the title bar/borders, etc.

For details related to achieving a full-screen mode, please see the "RibbonWindow" topic in the documentation. It has a section that talks about this.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Simon Deguire
The help says "To achieve a full-screen mode, set the RibbonWindow.IsTitleBarVisible property to false." It doesn't really work, at least not in vista aero. It only removes the ribbon section, there is still a title bar with minimize, restore, close. And the windows doesn't go over the task bar, like the normal Window.
Hi Simon,

I see what you mean now. That option was written back when we were on XP and will need to be updated to work better with Aero. I'll add a TODO list item to look into this.

As for the feature to go over the task bar, we'll have to think about whether that should kick in automatically or whether we'd need to add an additional option for that. Since we're already using the None window style to get the custom chrome in non-Aero, there's no good way for you to indicate you'd want that feature right now. We have code in there that disables it right now. Otherwise, all instances of RibbonWindow that used the non-Aero chrome would cover the taskbar when maximized, which obviously wouldn't be good. :)

Actipro Software Support

Posted 10 years ago by Andras Eles

The last post on this thread was 4 years ago. I am wondering if you have implemented some solution to achieve Full Screen Ribbon Window (the one that goes over the task bar).

What is the recommended method to put a Ribbon Window in to Full Screen mode?

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Andras,

Sorry but no, we don't have any modes for that.  You can put your window content in a normal Window, set its WindowStyle to None, and then I believe you'll get the effect you want.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.