Serialize/Deserialize restoring the control

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Hamid Noorbakhsh
Version: 4.5.0486
Hi,
I have a ToolWindowContainer with two tabs in it that is working great. I am saving state and then restoring it successfully. Currently, I look at the ToolWindows and if their 'State' is UnDocked, then I Dock() before I serialize. I would like to get away from this and save the state with windows to stay undocked when restored. I have had some success, but am stuck at one place.

My question:
How can I get both tabs (ToolWindows) to UnDock() in the same window? I would like to undock one or both separately ( I can do this now), or undock both in one window as a tabbed control without effecting the original settings, so on dock they return to the correct place.

Hamid

[Modified at 04/02/2009 11:10 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Hamid,

I'm a little confused, why are you redocking them before layout serialization if you want them to stay undocked when the layout is restored?

As for docking one tool window into another one that is already rafted, I believe you'd call Undock() on the first tool window. Then call Dock() on the second tool window and target the first tool window. That should attach the two together.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Hamid Noorbakhsh
Thanks.
The Docking before serialize was something I do currently, not related to the issue. I wanted to leave them undocked and hence the question.
I will give it a try and see as you mentioned.
Thanks again.

Hamid
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 21 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.