Private (Side-By-Side) Installation

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by David V
Hi-- I typically use private (side-by-side) installations for the DLL dependencies of my projects. At the solution root level, I have a folder called SharedLibs, which holds DLLS such as NHibernate, SQL CE, and so on. This approach has really reduced versioning headaches for me.

I want to reference the Wizard control the same way. I have copied the Wizard and Shared DLLs into my SharedLibs folder, referenced those copies in my app, and they are working fine. Is there anything else I need to do as far as the license file goes? I'm thinking specifically of deployment, and whether VS will pick up the runtime license file automatically. Thanks.

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Nope that's all you need. The license data is in your registry when you installed it and VS will grab it from there and embed it in the executables you create as long as your licenses.licx file is set up properly per the instructions in the documentation.

The only thing you will miss with this is designer functionality. However I believe you can create a Design subfolder and move them there and it may still work.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.