Posted 15 years ago by Jason Tobiasz
I'm having great difficulty modifying our current production. I'm rather new to this stuff and having a hard time putting the pieces together. If you could direct me to some resource other than the help file, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here is my current issue:

At the end of the production, I want to put out an error messgage:

<Production><![CDATA[
<% //some data init %>
'Define<+ startOffset = this.Token.StartOffset; +>'
(
"procedure<@ out statement @>"
)
| (
"macro<@ out statement @>"
)
| <? true ?><% this.ReportSyntaxError("'Procedure' or 'Macro' expected."); return false; %>

Well, I cannot figure out how to stuff that error message into the else after the grammar is generated. By doing it the way I have above, it automatically generates an else if (true) and then an else with a false in it. That creates a compiler warning saying 'Unreachable code'...I'm trying to get rid of it.

[Modified at 04/06/2009 02:12 PM]

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The "Simple" language in the sample project is a good place to look too since it shows implementation of a simple language, with full IntelliPrompt support etc.

We'll mark down a TODO item list to try and eliminate the additional else for the scenario with <? true ?>. Thanks for the post.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.