Wizard underneath main window

Wizard for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by David V
Version: 4.5.0486
Hi-- I'm having a problem with my wizard dropping underneath the main window of my application when I click a wizard button.

I have created a demo app to learn the Wizard control. The app has a very simple main window with buttons to launch a couple of wizards. I click a button and a wizard launches, over the main window--just as one would expect.

One of the Wizard pages has a Browse button that opens an Open File common dialog. When I click the button, the main window pops up, between the wizard and the file dialog. When I submit the file dialog, the main window is on top, instead of the wizard. I have to click the wizard to get back to it.

I have posted a short screen video here to show the problem.

I am completely stumped as to what is causing this or how to fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

David Veeneman
Foresight Systems

Comments (3)

I isolated the problem to the Microsoft VistaBridge library, which is used to provide Aero Common Dialogs in Vista. The problem doesn't occur with plain-vanilla WPF common dialogs. So, obviously, it's not related to the Actipro wizard control in any way.

So now I get to bang my head against the VistaBridge library all afternoon!
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi David,

Glad you figured it out. I wouldn't have thought Wizard would have had anything to do with this issue since wizard is just a container control.

Actipro Software Support

for the benefit of anyone else researching the issue, my workaround is to call the WinForms common file dialogs, which don't have the problem that VistaBridge has. The .NET 3.5 winForms dialogs display Aero on Vista, and old-style on XP.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.