A question about Brush re-use

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Matthew Buffington
Version: 4.5.0486
I have a few questions concerning themeing DocumentWindows. We are using the Office2007Black theme (for example) and would like to continue the Title Bar Color into the background of the window itself. I am struggling a bit with trying to make this happen.

I seem to be able to change the title bar color and set the background of the window, but not to re-use the title bar brush as the brush for the window.

I would likely want to use this same brush in themeing buttons also, so this is really just my first step. My next step is probably to figure out how to make all the other controls change brushes when I change the CurrentTheme property to one of the other available themes.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it :)

Matthew

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Matthew,

Actually we have a really great utility for brush reuse. In the main page of the Sample Browser, choose "Theme Browser".

Then choose the theme you are in, "Docking" as your product group, and you'll see all the available brushes used in that theme. You can click a button at the bottom to copy a DynamicResource string to the clipboard that you can paste into your app to reuse the brush.

Enjoy!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Matthew Buffington
That was exactly what I needed. Thank you much!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.