DateTimePicker and presing the Enter key

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Martin Johnson - Minitab
We're currently using your DateTimePicker inside of several of our dialogs. We're encountering a problem when the DateTimePicker has focus and the user presses the Enter key: In a dialog, we'd like to commit the dialog, but the DateTimePicker is setting that KeyDown event arg e.Handled = true. This is preventing the dialog from committing. If the Popup is not open, is there a reason that the Enter key press should be handled? Could you suggest a possible workaround for this issue, or is there something you can do on your end to ensure that the window will eventually receive the Keydown event? Thanks.

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Martin,

Right now Enter should only be getting handled if the dropdown is open, which commits the selection. If the dropdown is not open, I don't believe our code handles it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Martin Johnson - Minitab
Thank you for the quick response! I am currently using version 4.5.0486 of the WPF controls. Has this been fixed in 4.5.0487? Thanks.
I don't believe the code has changed in that area in a while. If you want to email over a simple sample project that shows it happening we can try it in the latest code to ensure it's working correctly.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for the sample, I see what the problem is now and have it fixed for the next release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.