Providing Maximize Mode in MDI window.

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Balaram Barange
Version: 4.5.0487
Hi,

My requirement something like this:

The Title bar of child window should be merged with main window title bar in Max..mode.
And controlbox should display at Top Right of ribbon. that is similar to the earlier vb MDI applications.
Do you provide such feature or plan to provide in future?

The current view doesn't look good :(, This is a business requirement and I need to provide this in my application ASAP.

Thanks,
Bala

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Bala,

Sorry unfortunately we don't offer that functionality at this time. We can add it to the TODO list though.

If this is something you need fast, we could be contracted to make it a high priority and implement it for you. More info on that option here:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by thomas pastner
Just to keep it on the TODO list: I do have the same requirement / want be able to provide document-window behavior like PowerPoint does in Office 2007.
Posted 14 years ago by Ruud Krijnen
Is this still on the todo list and is there a target release?
We are trying to build an old style MDI app., where the minimize, restore and close buttons are displayed in main menu area when the document is maximized. Exactly as in older MFC MDI applications.
Another solution can be to provide a property to hide the title bar, so we can hide it when maximized and use any control to minimize, restore or close the active document. The HasTitleBar property currently does not work in standard MDI mode.
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Ruud,

Actually we've just finished this feature and it's ready for the 2010.2 version. We included two new samples: one that show the buttons on a ribbon, and another that shows them next to a normal main menu. 2010.2 will be out in the next few weeks, with a lot more new Docking features as well.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Ruud Krijnen
OK, thanks for the quick response. We are looking forward to this new release!
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.