Posted 15 years ago by Simon Sprott
Version: 2.0.0106
Hi,

I am evaluating using UIStudio and it looks very good. But...

1. I cannot see a way to load a default tool window state from the resources. Instead it looks like I will need to provide a file containing the Default settings and load it using:

DockManager.LoadToolWindowLayoutFromFile

Is there a way to load this from the resources or from a stream? E.g.

DockManager.LoadToolWindowLayoutFromStream

2. I cannot find a simple way of hiding all of the tool windows and then showing them again - without closing them? E.g. so the main view can take over the entire window area, like in a print preview mode.

3. I have a main window that is a tab page, and several docking tool windows. If you accidently drag a tool window onto the main tab page it becomes a document page in this main tab page and you cannot then drag it back to be a docking tool window. I don't think the docking tool windows should be able to become a page in the main tab page?

4. If you use the VisualStudio2005 UIRenderManager.ColorScheme, the main menus appear to flicker. This seem to go away if you turn the fade in opton off.

Thanks

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Simon,

1) You can load a layout via setting the DockManager.ToolWindowLayoutData property, which accepts an XmlDocument. So load an XmlDocument up with data from your non-file source and pass it to that property.

2) We don't have anything built in for that right now. You could possibly close and reopen all tool windows. Of course you'd have to keep track of the open windows when the mode was activated.

3) Correct, you can use the context menu to revert a tool window in the MDI area back to a tool window mode. To prevent a tool window from becoming a document, you can set DockManager.ToolWindowsCanBecomeDocuments to false. That is a global setting and there also is an instance setting of ToolWindow.CanBecomeDocument if you prefer.

4) Yes this is a known issue and as you found, turning off the animation will work around it. I believe it only happens in Vista.

Hope this helps.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Simon Sprott
Hi, thanks for your quick response.

1, 3, and 4. all worked, thanks.

2. The product I currently use allows this by simply setting the visible state, but there are other issues which is why I really want to move to UIStudio.

Would it be possible for you to implement this feature? and if so in what timeframe?
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Simon,

Unfortunately I'm not sure we'd be able to get something like that implemented in the near future. We've been hard at work at getting WPF Studio 5.0 out the door and that has delayed us working on a number of higher priority items on our existing products that we need to look at once we get past this hurdle.

Purchasing the source code is always an option though. This way you could possibly add the feature on yourself.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.