ribbonwindow get/set position negative value

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Willie
When the ribbonwindow is resized i save the top position from the sizechanged event.

When the top of the ribbonwindow is at the top of my desktop (visible), i get the value -28 returned (me.top).

When at the next load of the application I set the me.top= -28, the top of the ribbonwindow is above the screen??????

How is this possible.

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Willie,

There are a number of Win32 hacks that need to be made to allow WPF to draw in the non-client glass area of a Window (for QAT, etc.). RibbonWindow implements these hacks but they do have an odd side effect where sometimes the top location can be off by the height of the non-client area. We are going to be working on trying to reimplement RibbonWindow again soon to see if it's possible work around these issues.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Willie
ok, thanks.
Posted 15 years ago by Cameron MacFarland - Senior Software Engineer, Orelogy Geotechnical
I've hit this problem too recently. Is there an update on the status of the fix?

Thanks
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Cameron,

Sorry but not yet. We've been focusing lately on updating Docking/MDI first before we get into more Ribbon updates.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.