How to onfocus and LostFocus event for SyntaxEditor controls

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Nassim Farhat
Version: 4.0.0276
This might sound like a simple question, but i am unable to find the event that handles the onfocus and lostfocus related to the control! I tried with the event Enter() and Leave() but that did not give me what i wanted.

I really need these events in order to synchronize with other threads that occur in my application.

Thank you
Nassim

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Nassim,

I would think that the various focus events would work the same as in other controls. We use GotFocus/LostFocus in our code.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Nassim Farhat
Thank you for your reply, I found the function to override, like you said.
I was using the Designer and I selected the SyntaxEditor control, but I was unable to find the GotFocus and LostFocus events inside the event property window of the control. Then when you send me that email, I manualy added the overrides directly in my initialize function and i could get them.

But, don't you think that you should also add the derived class events in the property event grid, in that way, users could directly access the derived events through the VS2008 designer?

Regards
Nassim
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hmm, that's really odd. I don't believe we do anything that would hide those events. If anything we want people to use them. Perhaps it's some sort of bug with the VS designer that isn't pulling them properly in that list.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.