Customizing Search Scope

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
Greetings,

Is there a way to customize the Scope combo box that appears on EditorSearchView? I would like to replace "Document" with something else.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

[Modified at 06/14/2009 10:17 AM]

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Gustavo,

We've added string resource entries for Document/Selection in the next build. Will that resolve this for you? You'd be able to replace the text Document with whatever you like, app-wide.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
That will work.
I would also like to customize "quick find" and "quick replace" to only say "find" and "replace"

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I believe those are already in the string resources and can be customized right now.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 12 years ago by 7Alpha7

Hello,

I also need to have project scope and solution scope with the EditorSearchView. But the EditorSearchView is explicitly bound to a SyntaxEditor and does the search only in its document. It would have been smarter to also bind it to an IEnumerable<ITextDocument> for example, so that a solution/project scope search could be previously made in several documents with the same form used to search in the SyntaxEditor displayed then, after a user click on a file result somewhere.

Like it is made, I cannot have the same behaviour and the same search form for a find/replace in a file scope or in a solution/project scope. So, in a solution/project environment, what is claimed to be the target of actipro SyntaxEditor and .net addon, the EditorSearchView is useless.

Or I don't see the point.

[Modified 12 years ago]

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.