icon change on Ctrl-I

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Nassim Farhat
Version: 4.0.0276
Hello

I need my editor to open a dialog when I click on ctrl-I, but everytime I do so it changes the icon to a predifined keyword icon used for the CTRL-I sequence.... (some sort of find icon with and an arrow pointing down)

I have no problem opening my dialog and capturing the control-I, but how to I reset the icon to the original one everytime my dialog opens, so that when I close my dialog I can comeback to my original icon and not have this weird looking icon anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That is the incremental search feature kicking in. You'd have to remove the command binding for Ctrl+I from the SyntaxEditor control.

Take a look at the Commands QuickStart since that shows how to iterate SyntaxEditor.CommandLinks. You'd want to do that and look for one with a KeyBinding of Ctrl+I, then remove that. Probably the Shift+Ctrl+I one too, which is reverse incremental search.

Note this feature only kicks in when the editor has focus.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks for your reply,

I tried what you told me but I always get an exception thrown when I try to remove the command "Ctrl-I".

Here is my code:

CommandLinkCollection cmdcollection = this.STsyntaxEditor.CommandLinks;
foreach (CommandLink cl in cmdcollection)
{
  if (cl.KeyBinding.Modifiers == ActiproSoftware.WinUICore.Input.ModifierKeys.Control &&
      cl.KeyBinding.Key == Keys.I)
  {
     cmdcollection.Remove(cl);
  }

}
I had to place a try/catch block so that my editor could open up. In any case, I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. The exception message I get is:
"Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute."

Thank you for your time
Nassim
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Nassim,

You can never in .NET remove an item in which you are doing a foreach loop through its collection. Doing that will always throw an exception, in any .NET context. You have to do a for loop instead from Count-1 down to 0 and remove by index instead.

Actipro Software Support

wow, you're right! I never had to perform a remove operation on a collection before! Well, like you said I indexed the whole thing in a forloop and bada boum... the remove worked!

Thank you for your great knowledge and hints.

Regards
Nassim
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.