Main menu shortcuts don't work in floating Tool Window?

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Lee Grissom - Quest Software, Inc.
Version: 2.0.99
In the Docking Sample application, we noticed that when you undock at Tool Window to make it floating, pressing Alt+F to invoke the main menu doesn't work. We first noticed this in our own application. Is there a property to set in the DockManager that can fix this? Or is this intentional design?

Thanks,
Lee

[Modified at 07/27/2009 08:13 PM]

Comments (5)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Lee,

Unfortunately not at the moment. Right now there are two separate Forms involved (one for the main window and one for the undocked tool window) and each is handling their own hotkeys. The Bar product is what track hotkeys and it would somehow have to know that the tool windows are associated with the main window, install key hooks when tool windows are opened, how to handle conflicts when there are potentially other BarManagers involved, etc.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Lee Grissom - Quest Software, Inc.
Understood. Note that MS Visual Studio works as expected. So I'm hoping that you'll consider this for a future release. Please note, that if you do indeed implement this, do not make it proprietary. I do not use your Bar product, so I want the floating window to work seamlessly with whatever menu components I'm using, whether it be yours, MS, or other 3rd party. Many thanks for the response.
--
Lee
Posted 12 years ago by Reinhardt Software GmbH - Reinhardt Software GmbH

Having this fixed would be great.

Marc

Posted 10 years ago by Roger

Hi

We're developing a .NET4 based WPF docking application.

Does the latesest actipro support the "Alt+F" shortcut when the focus is on the floated window?

If the feature is supported, could you please let us know about the information of the APIs or samples?

Kind Regards,

Tomonori Manome and Shintaro Iwamura

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi,

This particular forum is for WinForms controls.  Did you intend to post this in the Docking for WPF forums?  You mentioned WPF in your post.  If you meant to put it in the WPF forum, please repost it there in a new thread and we'll delete this post.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.