Clicking Title bars don't bring window to front

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Tim Harvey
Version: 9.1.0503
When I click on the title bar of a documentwindow (even in your Sample project) the window does not come to the front (as I expect). If I click on the contents of the window it does. This is in standardMDI mode.

Is there a setting to make these windows act like traditional MDI windows when I click on the Title bar?

Comments (3)

OK, I correct myself as your examples DO behave correctly. But I am adding the DocumentWindows via the following code and the Title bar does not change focus to these windows.

PPWindow1 = New PPControl
            'Add it to the MDI Window
            Dim documentWindow As New ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DocumentWindow(MDIHost.dockSite, "docwindow", "PacketPresenter Details", Nothing, PPWindow1)
            documentWindow.Description = "PacketPresenter Document"
            documentWindow.FileName = ""
            ' Activate the document
            documentWindow.Activate()
Do I need to AddHandlers for my DocumentWindows or dockSite?
Solved it. I had to make the outermost container (in my control it is a Grid) Focusable. Without it the titlebar of a DocumentWindow will not cause that window to come to the front. In the examples the TextBoxes default to Focusable.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tim

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. It seemed to not be able to activate a standard MDI window if that window didn't have a focusable child somewhere within its content hierarchy. We've fixed this for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.