Clicking Title bars don't bring window to front

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Tim Harvey
Version: 9.1.0503
When I click on the title bar of a documentwindow (even in your Sample project) the window does not come to the front (as I expect). If I click on the contents of the window it does. This is in standardMDI mode.

Is there a setting to make these windows act like traditional MDI windows when I click on the Title bar?

Comments (3)

OK, I correct myself as your examples DO behave correctly. But I am adding the DocumentWindows via the following code and the Title bar does not change focus to these windows.

PPWindow1 = New PPControl
            'Add it to the MDI Window
            Dim documentWindow As New ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DocumentWindow(MDIHost.dockSite, "docwindow", "PacketPresenter Details", Nothing, PPWindow1)
            documentWindow.Description = "PacketPresenter Document"
            documentWindow.FileName = ""
            ' Activate the document
            documentWindow.Activate()
Do I need to AddHandlers for my DocumentWindows or dockSite?
Solved it. I had to make the outermost container (in my control it is a Grid) Focusable. Without it the titlebar of a DocumentWindow will not cause that window to come to the front. In the examples the TextBoxes default to Focusable.
Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Tim

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. It seemed to not be able to activate a standard MDI window if that window didn't have a focusable child somewhere within its content hierarchy. We've fixed this for the next maintenance release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2019.1 build 0684) was released 19 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.