Using SyntaxEditor in the PropertyGrid

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
Version: 9.1.0503
I want to replace all the textboxes in the property grid to use the syntaxeditor (including the ones used indirectly by the comboboxes). Only a few properties really need syntax highlighting, but I want all of them to use it because of the nicer selection (the builtin textbox selection is not rendered when the textbox doesn't have focus). When not using any language, is the performance and memory footprint of the SyntaxEditor comparable to a normal TextBox?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

Comments (7)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Gustavo,

Well as SyntaxEditor has a lot more to it than a standard TextBox, it will probably use more memory per instance, but may not be significantly more if you don't use a lot of the extra features. We don't have a single-line mode yet, however that is something on our TODO list.

Actipro Software Support

Is there any way to set the comboxes to use syntaxeditor instead of a textbox without having to redefine the whole combobox template for all themes?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Sorry you'd have to re-template them to do that.

Actipro Software Support

I already have in place a custom made combo box where I can easily swap the textbox with another control. I think that getting rid of the scrollboxes would be enough to be able to use syntax editor there. Is there any way to do that? SyntaxEditor is not respecting ScrollViewer.HorizontalScrollbarVisibility and ScrollViewer.VerticalScrollbarVisibility attached properties.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Gustavo,

Sorry not yet other than retemplating the scrollbars to disappear. We have on the TODO list to implement a single line mode, which will eventually be what you'd want to use.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 14 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
I'm using a retemplated syntaxeditor for some time to emulate singleline mode, but the properties take a little too much to load because of that. Are there some parts of the syntaxeditor I can turn off to speed up rendering? Is the official singleline mode too far away?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Gustavo,

Sorry but you can't really turn anything off in the rendering process. Unfortunately we have a number of higher priority items for SyntaxEditor than single-line mode right now.

If single line mode is something you need immediately, we can always be contracted to implement it for you. When customers do this, we bump up the contracted feature to be the top new development priority. More info on that option here, and you can request a quote as well:
http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Purchase/ConsultingServices.aspx

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.