Strange issue with Intelliprompt ParameterInfo being hidden

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Matt Whitfield
Version: 4.0.0280
Hello

I'm working with the intelliprompt parameterinfo object at the moment, and it's working fine in all cases except one - where the parameterinfo display seems to get hidden automatically. I show the intelliprompt parameterinfo after a '(' character, and after typing any other character it gets hidden - I have set the ValidTextRange conservatively large, the auto close and parameter delimiter characters are both set to \0.

The minimum test I can get it to repeat with is the following
SELECT LEFT(*
(
The * denotes where the cursor is, and typing any character here causes the parameterinfo to be hidden. Note that the second bracket is followed by a space (or any other character). If the second bracket is not followed by any other character, the parameterinfo does not get hidden.

The relevant sections of the XML configuration for the tokens are:

<!-- Reserved Words -->
<ExplicitPatternGroup TokenKey="ReservedWordToken" Style="ReservedWordStyle" LookAhead="{NonWordMacro}|\z">
<ExplicitPatterns>
SELECT
</ExplicitPatterns>
</ExplicitPatternGroup>
<!-- Functions -->
<ExplicitPatternGroup TokenKey="FunctionToken" Style="FunctionStyle" LookAhead="[\s\r\n]*\(">
<ExplicitPatterns>
LEFT
</ExplicitPatterns>
</ExplicitPatternGroup>
The parameter info object is still displayed when the KeyTyping event is fired, but is hidden by the time the next event i'm hooked onto (Document.UndoRedoStateChanged) fires. So I am sure I'm not accidentally hiding it in user code.

Could you let me know if there's something I'm missing?

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Matt,

Most of the internal calls to hide parameter info only occur if you press Esc or do something that moves the selection outside of the ValidTextRange. Perhaps double check that your ValidTextRange is what you think it should be right before the tip closes.

If you can't figure it out then please put together a simple sample project that shows the issue and email it over.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Matt Whitfield
There should be a post icon for 'user was being an idiot'. Ahem. Got back from a week's holiday and nailed it pretty much straight away, and you were absolutely right - it was the ValidTextRange - I was only looking at the 'end' parameter which was set conservatively high - the problem was the start parameter which i'd set wrong...

Sorry and thanks for your help.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.