Completion List closes when the backspace key is pressed

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
Version: 9.1.0503
I would like to avoid that, and keep it open, just like VS does. How can I do it? The close event doesn't allow to cancel it.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Gustavo,

Sorry I'm not seeing this. You can backspace through the "typed text" fine without it closing. Typed text is the text used to initialize the session and anything you modify after the session opens. If you leave that range via arrow or backspace, etc. then it will close the list. That is how VS works too.

If you are seeing something different then please post exact steps to duplicate it with one of our QuickStarts.

Actipro Software Support

I see, the problem was that I was giving an empty text range to the session, if I pass the right one this works. Some of your included samples also have this problem.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Can you point us to exactly how to see it so we can make any tweaks if appropriate?

Actipro Software Support

Sorry, the samples are right.
In the IntelliPromptCompletionTags sample, you have this:

session.Open(editor.ActiveView, new TextRange(editor.ActiveView.Selection.EndOffset));

But in this case it makes sense, I probably thought I was looking at another one when I used the same code in a place that didn't make sense. BTW, it would be nice if you didn't use MainControl.xaml for all samples, and used different names, it would avoid this kind of mistakes.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.