How to customize the style of the completion list

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Gustavo Guerra
Version: 9.1.0503
Is there any template we can change to customize the look of the completion list?
I would like to give it a fixed width to avoid flickering while scrolling, and I would also like to change the look of the filter tabs bellow.

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra

Comments (7)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Gustavo,

Yes, if you are a WPF Studio customer you can download the default templates from your account. The IntelliPromptCompletionList.xaml file has everything related to the primitives used to construct the completion list and filter UI.

Actipro Software Support

I'm trying to fix this behavior:
http://screencast.com/t/sGdhQ6Fl

But I didn't find anything in the template that might have caused it. Are you turning virtualization for the listbox in the code? When virtualization is off, the listbox normally gets the width of the largest element.
This is critical for us, as it's common on our application to have big items on the completion list

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Gustavo,

ListBox virtualizes by default. I see what you mean though when there are various length items in there.

We've updated our code for the next build to auto-size the list width to the longest item when the session is opened. The list will still use virtualization so that the speed remains fast as filters, etc. are applied and the list is scrolled but width will not change.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks. Will this be in the build that's coming out early next week?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
Gustavo,

Yes, although now it's looking like mid-late week.

Actipro Software Support

Any chance it will be out still this week?

Best Regards,
Gustavo Guerra
We're almost ready to launch it but are running out of time for today. Should be out on or before Monday though barring any last minute bugs that get submitted before release.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.