Lambda expression intellisense not working

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Conor Murray
Version: 4.0.0282
When typing the following code i am not getting any prompt results. Are lambda expressions supported by intellisense, if so is there anything special that has to be done for them to work?

int[] ints = new int[]{1,2,3};

ints.Where(i => i.

Comments (14)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Conor,

Thanks, this is something we know we still have to work on for future releases.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Conor Murray
Ok, thanks for the info.

Is it the same deal for the SQL syntax? e.g below

int[] ints = new[] {1,2,3};
from x in ints
where x > 1
select x.
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Correct, both LINQ and lambda IntelliPrompt improvements are listed in our TODO item for this.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 years ago by Christopher Evans

Seems to still not be working 8 years later...am I missing something...

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Christopher,

Our WPF version of the add-on has had lambda IntelliPrompt for a number of years.  However that feature relies on the much better add-on design we have in the WPF version, along with all the core document and syntax language improvements we made when building the WPF SyntaxEditor.  We are hoping to take another look at trying to backport all of that to WinForms, which will be quite an undertaking.  But it would be nice to finally get the WinForms SyntaxEditor in sync with all the APIs of the other platforms.

Actipro Software Support

Where does this sit in your development raodmap, if at all?

Also, please provide a description of any additional deficiencies in the Winforms version versus the WPF...this would be useful pre-purchase...

If it is on your site, I missed it...

Thanks

Posted 7 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

We are hoping to look into it sometime this year and see how feasible it would be.  I'm sorry but we don't have any comparisons of the two platforms at this time.  The .NET Languages Add-on in WPF though has a much better design (allowing us to handle more advanced features like lambdas) and resolves everything with much more accuracy in general. 

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by YEVGENIY A GRIGORYEV

Hello, we have just updated to latest WinForms version, is there a way to make intellisense in lambdas work today?

As an additional question, is it possible to see change log for different releases?

I can see that you have been posting release notes in Announcements, I will be going through that, thanks.

Is my understanding correct that lambda intellisense is still not part of WinForms? Thanks.

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The WPF version's add-on has much better IntelliPrompt in general than the older WinForms version.  The WinForms version doesn't have lambda IntelliPrompt.  That being said, per our blog, we are currently working on a newer codebase that will unify the WPF, UWP, and WinForms versions under the same API and feature set.  It's effectively bringing a lot of new features to the WinForms version.  That will allow the WinForms version to have the same add-on features as in the other platforms.  We still have a few months of work left on this effort though but watch our blog for updates.

And yes, you can look at our Announcements forum for change logs of releases.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you. I hope your effort succeeds and brings the much needed lambda to WinForms add-on.

Posted 4 years ago by YEVGENIY A GRIGORYEV

Hello, just wanted to check if lambda intellisense if available in the latest redesign of the SyntaxEditor? Thank you.

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes, the 2020.1 version of the WinForms SyntaxEditor is now on the same SyntaxEditor codebase used by the WPF and UWP versions.  All of them support lambda IntelliPrompt in their respective .NET Languages Add-ons.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.