Some more ribbon bugs in Windows 7

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Craig - Varigence, Inc.
Version: 9.1.0503
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows 7 (32-bit)
We've noticed some more bugs in the WPF Ribbon while running on Windows 7.

Bug 1:
When clicking on the application button, sometimes we get the application menu that we expect. However, other times we get the generic app menu (that only has restore, move, size, minimize, maximize, and close). It seems to depend on where you click on the application button. I find that clicking on the upper left part of the circle makes it happen.

Bug 2:
We're seeing flakiness when double clicking the ribbon title bar; sometimes, it does nothing.

Bug 3:
Occasionally, we see that the application menu gets stuck during fade out and a ghost remains. Our best repro steps (again, this only happens sometimes) are:
1. Click the app button
2. Wait a second
3. Don't move mouse
4. Click the app button again (but you waited long enough so it's not a double click)
5. The menu gets stuck while fading out, for a couple seconds

Let me know if you have difficulty repro'ing these and I'll see if we can provide more information.

Thanks again,

-Craig

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

In build 504 we fixed #1. We are probably going to be putting out a build 505 soon though since we found an issue with another product that requires fixing.

For #2, I'm not seeing that happen. Are you able to narrow down exactly where you click to cause it to repro? Please repro it with our Document Editor demo.

For #3, I'm not seeing that happen either however I wonder if it's somehow related to #1. So perhaps by fixing #1, that is resolved too. If you still see it after you get build 505 (not released yet), let us know.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.