Getting state of the assorted tool windows

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Justin Bozonier
Version: 2.0.0107
I need to get the position, size, and whether or not each ToolWindow in my dock is pinned.

How do I do that?

Also, how can I change the values of each of those properties as well?

Comments (3)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Justin,

You can enumerate the DockManager.ToolWindows collection to see which tool windows are registered with the manager. The ToolWindow.Active property tells you whether the tool window is currently in the layout. The State property tells you its current state. As for determining location, etc. you'd have to crawl up the control hierarchy like look at the ToolWindowContainer property and move up from there to find where it is relative to other controls.

There are a number of methods on ToolWindow you can use to dock around, etc. Please read the "Programmatic Docking" documentation topic for details.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 15 years ago by Justin Bozonier
Thanks so much! You think you could link me to that article or give me really detailed instructions on how to find it?
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Justin,

We don't have any online documentation. I'm referring to the Documentation.chm file that gets installed when you install the product on your machine. There is a link to it from your Programs menu after install.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.