Timeline for features

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Brian Rice
Can you give us something of a timeline for when various features will be implemented and/or in what order? I'm looking for a ball park (e.g. next month, 6 months, a year, etc...)

In my case I am using the syntax editor so my users can create C# scripts. But, I would like to have all the things you normally expect, intellisense, outlining, autoindenting, etc... (including being able to pull in intellisense info from system dlls and the using clauses automatically.)

Also, I would like to be able to pull in information from my own dlls / source code for the intellisense as well.

So, basically, a great little C# editor! :)

What can you tell me?

Love your tabbed MDI sample and am already going to town with it.

Thanks!

- Brian

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Brian,

It's hard to give time estimates, and we prefer not to do so anyhow since they generally end up being off. I can say that SyntaxEditor for WPF is where a majority of development efforts are being placed now and into the forseeable future since it is our flagship product. I'll be happy to give a general list of upcoming feature areas we'll be on.

Our main goal is to enable us to start building up our add-ons. You're looking for the .NET Languages Add-on based on your post. We already have the core asynchronous parser-calling mechanism in place. The next step towards the goal is to implement a parser and AST model. That is something we will begin on soon most likely. Porting over our WinForms parser is one option and would get us up and running fast. After that is in place, things like outlining can be implemented since ASTs generally drive outlining. Once we have ASTs, we know something about our document so we can do automated IntelliPrompt. Then we'd want to add features like wave lines for errors, etc.

Another feature that may come before those things though is finalizing our newer XML language definition format and updating our Language Designer tool to be much more robust. We're hoping to continue work on that for the next build.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.