ToolWindows aren't tracking with the mouse when dragged

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Chris Thompson
Version: 9.1.0505
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (64-bit)
With 9.1.0505 I noticed that as I drag tool windows across the screen they are not tracking fully with the mouse. I don't see this happening in 9.1.0503. I am able to replicate using the Ribbon and Docking Demo.

Comments (4)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Chris,

Can you provide some more detail on what exactly you mean? I'm not seeing any bad behavior when I look and I don't believe there have been any recent changes in drag behavior. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

I confirmed the odd drag behavior with the ribbon and dock demo using 0505. I change the Toolbox window to "floating" and then drag it around. The window moves "slower" than the mouse pointer. I confirmed this on XP, XP-64, and Vista-64. I reinstalled 0502 on XP and Vista and did not see the odd behavior (i.e. the floating window does track with the mouse pointer).
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Chris,

What happens if you set MagnetismSnapDistance to 0?

Also does this happen if you use a regular Window instead of a RibbonWindow? If it goes away with regular Window, can you try overriding the OnMouseMove method on the RibbonWindow-inherited class and don't call the base.OnMouseMove. See if that helps.

We aren't seeing much of a delay here so it would help if you can give us as much detail on what you find as possible. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

If I set the MagnetismSnapDistance to zero the behavior I am seeing goes away. Thanks

FYI
In my opinion, the effect the magnetism feature has on simple floating tool window dragging is a little disconcerting. Using the sample browser app, if I convert a docked tool window to floating and then drag it, the tool window sort of "skips" and I don't have precise control dragging it. Although I have to admit I haven't looked at the magnetism feature enough to understand it.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.