Docksite WindowActivated and WindowDeactivated Events

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Michael Fooks - Software Engineer, Automated Positioning Systems
Version: 9.1.0503
Hi,

I am subscribing to the WindowActivated and WindowDeactivated event on the Docksite control.

My issue is:
Even though a ToolWindow may have been selected and has focus, unless a control on the ToolWindow gains focus or loses focus, the WindowActivated and WindowDeactivated do not get called. I would expect WindowActivated and WindowDeactivated to get fired when the Toolwindow gains focus (is activated).

At the moment I have a ToolWindow with a child WebBrowser control. The WebBrowser control never gains focus by default, which means I get no WindowActivated and WindowDeactivated event. If I add a Button control to the ToolWindow then I do get these events.

Is this an issue that needs to be fixed? Or is there an easy way to get around this problem?

Thanks heaps.

Comments (2)

Posted 15 years ago by Michael Fooks - Software Engineer, Automated Positioning Systems
This issue seems to have been resolved in release 505. Can you verify that?
Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Michael,

Yes that should have already been fixed in a recent build.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.