SyntaxLanguageTypeName problem

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 15 years ago by David
Version: 4.0.0282
I'm trying to load my XML definition into a syntaxEditor control through its document > language property. I know that to load a class from the XML, the XML must have the SyntaxLanguageTypeName tag.

The namespace of the class is "_3DGS.classes.syntax_class" and it is called "CSyntaxLanguage". Additionally the containing assembly is called "3DGS".

So this is the top of my XML definition...

<SyntaxLanguage Key="C" LanguageDefinitionVersion="4.0" Secure="True"
SyntaxLanguageTypeName="_3DGS.classes.syntax_class.CSyntaxLanguage, 3DGS">

... But i keep getting the error described in the troubleshooting. I'm sure i'm doing it write because i got this error before, and so i had to go through the process of changing the namespace and assembly before.

Could it be to do with that the assembly name starts with a number? I know some things can be fussy.

Thanks.

Comments (1)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
David,

Based on what you said, I believe you are doing it right. However to know for sure, we'd need to see a simple sample project that shows the error that we can debug. Can you email one over and we'll have a look for you? Something is preventing the type from being found. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.