Posted 19 years ago by Boyd - Sr. Software Developer, Patterson Consulting, LLC
I was recently playing with different fonts on SyntaxEditor, and I ran accross a situation where I couldn't use the "Monotype Corsiva" font. The exception mentioned that this font doesn't support type "Regular".

Is this the expected behavior or a bug?

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
That is probably being caused by something in the .NET framework, perhaps when we call a Font's constructor? I googled the message and some people said that could happen with a corrupt TTF file. Not sure what to tell you since it's happening in the low-level Microsoft code.

If you could post the stack trace, I could perhaps give you more info.

Actipro Software Support

I'll try to get the stack trace to you later today. At little more information... if you try to set the Font of SyntaxEditor using the property grid in the sample application, you get a popup saying "Invalid Property Value" and it reverts back to the last Font.
Ignore my previous post. The exception I was getting before was actually related to when I created a new font using the font name. For some reason, you can't create this font using the family name.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.