RibbonWindow Tooltips

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 15 years ago by Simon Deguire
Version: 9.1.0502
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
We noticed that the tooltips on the minimize, maximize, restore and close window buttons are not in the language of the OS like are all other applications. On a french Windows XP the Ribbonwindow still says minimize, restore, close.

Any fix or work-around?

Thank you

Comments (6)

Posted 15 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Simon,

Those buttons are custom drawn and I don't believe we have access to any localized text for the tooltips. You can always localize the strings yourself though since the strings come from string resources in our assembly. You can browse them with the String Browser in our Sample Browser application.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you. Is there an equivalent in version v2.0.50727? I also need to make this fix in a older version.
ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SR.SetCustomString(ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SRName.UIRibbonWindowTitleBarButtonRestoreToolTip.ToString(), "Restore ");

SR doesn't seem to exist in 2.0.50727.

Thank you
Sorry string resource management came in v3.5. There wasn't anything in v2.0 for it.

Actipro Software Support

I cannot get it to work. Like in that thread http://www.actiprosoftware.com/Support/Forums/ViewForumTopic.aspx?ForumTopicID=3218#11906

but I set it right in the AppMain method, and I still get the english messages.
Simon,

I tried this line right in App.OnStartup and worked fine:
ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SR.SetCustomString(ActiproSoftware.Products.Ribbon.SRName.UIRibbonWindowTitleBarButtonRestoreToolTip.ToString(), "Testing"); 
Make sure you have the window maximized when you try it too since you are modifying the restore button.

Note that it will only alter the RibbonWindow is glass is not active. When glass is active it uses the system to render the glass buttons.

Actipro Software Support

OK, glass was the problem. Thank you.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.