Posted 19 years ago by painetraine
I was wondering if anyone has tried to do a SendMessage to SyntaxEditor.

I am basically trying to capture keystrokes and replace them (to implement keyboard macros) and am able to capture all keystrokes (WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP) messages using IMessageFilter.

I then want to replace the wm_keyup and wm_keydown messages to the query editor by using SendMessage and passing the correct values. When I do a SendMessage to SE using KeyDown and KeyUp for a specific key, I would expect it to go into the message loop and be processed as if the user had pressed the key but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Has annyone tried this or have any ideas on how to sendmessages to SE and have the editor process them?

(I really don't want to use SendKeys although I couldn't get that to work correctly and it seemed to hang my machine when I sent keys to SE)

Thanks

Comments (1)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Actually reimplementing key handling is something that is planned for 3.0. We want to add a way to be able to intercept key events to cancel them before the commands execute. Also we want to make PerformInsertTyping actually work exactly as if a character was typed.

If you want to post or email us any other suggestions, please do so. We might also discuss this at the next roundtable chat.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.