Issue of DocumentWindow containing BrowserControl

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Balaram Barange
Version: 9.1.0505
Hi,

I am placing a UserControl in a DocumentWindow.
The UserControl Contains WPF Browser Control along with other controls.

The issue I am facing with DocumentWindow is that if a DocumentWindow containg the webbrowser control is open(say Doc1) and if any other DocumentWindow(say Doc2) not containg the Browser control is opened the Doc1 is deactivated but the Browser in Doc1(only the browser control not rest of WPF control) is still above the controls of Doc2.

This is not the case when I place the BrowserControl as a content of a RibbonWindow.!!!!

Please provide some inputs on this issue.

Thanks,
Bala

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Bala,

This is due to how Microsoft implemented interop support. Any interop control (including WinForms or web browser controls) will always appear higher in z-order than WPF content in the same WPF Window or Popup.

Are you using standard MDI or tabbed MDI?

Standard MDI will not support interop because there is no way for us to clip the interop content or prevent the z-order issue. It is a limitation imposed on us by Microsoft and there is nothing we can do.

Tabbed MDI will support interop content fine though because nothing overlaps in that case. However be sure to set DockSite.UseHostedAutoHidePopups = false in that case so that auto-hide flyouts and dock guides will use Popups instead to avoid rendering behind the interop content.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.