Posted 19 years ago by painetraine
I am trying to define an empty patter group in the DefaultState, ie.

<ExplicitPatternGroup Token="UserCustomToken" Style="UserCustomStyle" LookAhead="{NonWordMacro}"/>

I basically want to leave the pattern empty and have it as a placeholder that I can load in patterns at runtime based off of user supplied information, in this case a database query to retrieve pattern items.

However, when I load the language it complains about not having any patterns. Is there a way to create a "placeholder" pattern group?

Thanks

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Unfortunately it does require a pattern in the def. Although you MIGHT be able to stick something in there and then at run-time remove the pattern from the group after you load the language. That is untested but may work.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by painetraine
Yeah, it has to have a pattern and I found it has to have at least 1 pattern when you call IsUpdating=false or you get the same error.

I just created a single pattern that is the name of the pattern token and use that since that should never be used.

Thanks
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.