Posted 14 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 9.1.0506
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
I updates my version (505) to the new 506.
After the installation I had to change all the references in all my projects where I use the actipro components.

This is very irritating and in my perception a bug. Why isn't it possible to install the actipro components in the same folder and only update the files like the rest of the world does when updating an existing installation...

This costs me a lot of time each time there is an update available.
In my perception you should install the actipro software in the v9.1 and NOT in the v9.1.0506. An build version is only for minor changes/bug fixes, not for a product upgrade.

I hope you understand my point in this.

Thanks for your time.

Comments (4)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Arthur,

Thanks for your comments. We'd have to look into the benefits and consequences of making a change like that. I'll make a note on our TODO list.

But let me give you another option. When you install, on the Custom Setup screen you are presented with a number of options. Each option has a folder associated with it at the bottom, which defaults to including the build number. If you click the Browse button for "Sample Projects" for instance, you can update the folder path to remove the build number. Then select "Control Assemblies" and do the same. All the remaining items use the same updated setting you did for "Control Assemblies" so now with two quick text updates you install to a "v9.1" folder instead of a "v9.1.0506" folder. Hope that helps!

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

i will have a look at it.

thanks.
Posted 14 years ago by Cameron MacFarland - Senior Software Engineer, Orelogy Geotechnical
Arthur, are you using Visual Studio?

The way I have things set up, I reference the libraries in the GAC, and set the specific version property of each reference to false. Then Visual Studio just grabs whatever version is in the GAC for it's builds.

Hope that helps.
Hi,

I have several projects and want to be sure that they all have the same version.
I tried to use a network mapping to a location where I saved the right files, but than you are no longer able to edit the ribbonbar for some reason....

All the other 3rd party components i use, work like they should and update the current installation if only a newer build version is launched.

Thanks.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.