ParameterInfo problem in Simple Add-on Sample

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 10 years ago by Nick Frazier
Version: 4.0.0282
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
In your sample project, there appears to be a problem with the ParameterInfo closing unexpectedly in the Simple Add-on.

Type in the following within the context of one of the functions in the sample text:

Add(x

The ParameterInfo will be displayed. Now, hit ESC to close the parameter info.

Now, type in a comma to re-display the ParameterInfo. Now, hitting any key will close the ParameterInfo.

I would expect the ParameterInfo would stay open until I entered the ESC key or a close parenthesis.

Is there anyway to correct this behavior? I would like to provide the same functionality--allowing a user to continue the ParameterInfo where they left off by typing in a comma, but as soon as they type anything, the ParameterInfo closes.

Comments (1)

Posted 10 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Nick,

It looks like the end valid range wasn't being set appropriately. If you change line 310 in SimpleSyntaxLanguage.cs to this, it should fix it:
parameterTextRange = new TextRange(offset, Math.Max(offset, syntaxEditor.Document.Lines[documentLineIndex].EndOffset) + 1);

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v2018.1 build 0341) was released 10 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.