Posted 14 years ago by Ashwini
Version: 4.0.0283
Hi,

I would like to know the licensing involved in the Web-Languages Add-On. I want to get a xml editor that supports intellisense, syntax highlighting features. I went through the Actipro products. Can you tell me the licensing involved. If i want the intellisense and syntax highlighting features do i need to purchase the syntax editor control??Do I need to purchase both the add-on and the syntax editor??

Thanks,

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes you would need both products in that case.

For SyntaxEditor you'd get the number of developer licenses based on how many developers are on your project.

For the Web Language Add-on, it only comes in an Enterprise license option that covers all the developers who are licensed for SyntaxEditor.

So to sum up, if you have 3 developers on your project, you'd want 3 SyntaxEditor control developer licenses and 1 Web Languages Add-on Enterprise license.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks, You mean to say if the application that i develop is going to use syntax editor control and if 10 users are going to use my application, then 10 syntax editor control licenses and 1 web-language add-on license??

[Modified at 11/10/2009 09:53 AM]
No, we license by developer (your company). We don't have run-time royalties or additional costs for distributing your application. I'm saying if your have 3 developers on your staff on this project, you'd need 3 developer licenses for the SyntaxEditor control. If you are the only developer on the project, then you'd only need 1.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for the quick response, It's very nice to know that there is no run-time royalties. We are planning to purchase the developer license for Syntax Editor and the xml languages add-on. But if you could give me how the licensing works, that would be very helpful. Is the license machine-locked or is it a floating license. What is the licensing type??
Our sales staff will write you an email on this.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.