IntelliPrompt MemberList Description

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Richard Kisic
Version: 4.0.0283
Hello,

I'm using the WinForms SyntaxEditor with the VBSyntaxLanguage add-on. IntelliPrompt is working great, but I need to make modifications to the Description property of the IntelliPromptMemberListItem before it is displayed to the user. I've subscribed to both the IntelliPromptMemberListSelectedItemChanged and the SyntaxEditorIntelliPromptMemberListPreFilter events, but it seems the IntelliPromptMemberListItem.Description property is null at both of the event points. I assume this property is later created by a concealed method, as I can trace it no further than DotNetSyntaxLanguage.ShowIntelliPromptMemberList(). If I set the property to a value, let's say "test", then "test" is displayed correctly, so I'm fairly confident I'm looking at the correct property. Can I access this property once it is initialized with its default content? Basically, how do I go about editing the member list item's description?

Thank you for your help,
Rich

[Modified at 01/13/2010 10:19 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Richard Kisic
Ha! Why is it you never can solve the issue until you ask someone else for help?

SyntaxEditor.IntelliPromptMemberListItemDescriptionRequested...
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Richard,

The description gets populated as-needed via our language's OnSyntaxEditorIntelliPromptMemberListItemDescriptionRequested method override. So if you create a language class that inherits our VBSyntaxLanguage and override that method you can change things how you need. That may be a better design than using the direct SyntaxEditor event.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.