Galleries resize incorrectly if there are two in a ribbon

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Vernon Larcombe
Version: 9.2.0510
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,

If a ribbon contains two galleries and the second gallery's data source contains less items than the gallery width would allow the gallery resizing stops working correctly and the ribbon ends up with ribbon scroll buttons unnecessarily.

It would be better if a gallery never grew bigger than the maximum number of items in the data source.

A simple application showing the incorrect behavior and with a fuller explanation and steps to reproduce has been sent to support via email.

Incorrect behavior resulting in ribbon scroll button has also been observed when changing gallery contents and in some other circumstances but I have not been able to reliably reproduce this in a small application.

Note this was tested with the 510 build and not the latest 513.

Thanks,

Vernon Larcombe

Comments (5)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Vernon,

We haven't received the sample you mentioned. Are you sure it went out? We didn't see it in the spam folder either.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

Strange, I've checked my sent messages and it’s definitely there. I sent it to:

support[at]actiproxware.com

which is the same address I sent the SetCustomString example app to. Did you get that message? I'll try sending it again.

Vernon

[Modified at 01/26/2010 07:27 AM]
Hi Vernon,

That is the correct address for us but I looked in our system and we haven't received any emails to our support from you since late 2008.

Note that if you include ZIP attachments that contain .EXE files they will not come through per our mail server's protection policy. You need to remove any .EXE files in the ZIP or alternatively rename the .ZIP file extension to something else like .TXT.

Actipro Software Support

Ah, that will be it.

The zip files for both projects included the bin folder. I'll resend this one without the exe.

Vernon
Hi Vernon,

Thanks for the sample, I think it's working much more how you'd like in the latest build. As I expand the bad tab, the second gallery remains at 3 items while the first gallery expands to fill the space.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.