DockSiteLayoutSerializer problem

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Arthur Damen
Version: 9.2.0513
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
Each time I install a new actipro update (for example from 511 to 513),

My existing window style which is loaded each time I start my application is reset to some kind of default value. Looks like actipro does not apply the DockSiteLayoutSerializer settings when the build version is increased.

This means that when a customer is starting the application after an update where a new actipro version is inside, they will be confronted with a reset of documentwindow sizes etc..

Comments (1)

Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Arthur,

Sorry but we're not sure what that could possibly be without seeing it happen. If you look at the layout XML that is output by our layout serializer (which you can see in the Docking demo's Layout tab), it doesn't contain any references to WPF Studio build numbers or anything. Thus a layout saved in 511 should load fine in 513.

Are you positive this isn't something in your code that is making it happen? If you think it is something with ours, then we'd need to have you email over a simple sample project that shows it with steps to repro. But again, there is nothing in the layout XML that would cause this sort of thing so it's more likely something in your code.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.