Posted 19 years ago by dmelinosky
Are the controls such as OwnerDrawContextMenu, UpgradeCheck, ColorListBox, and MarkupLabel supposed to be exposed to and used by developers or are they controls you use internally?

If they are supposed to be used by us, will documentation for them be added to the current documentation?

Any new beta releases I can text out? Did you look into using UIStudio on Visual Studio 2005?

Comments (3)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Most of those are intended for internal use but you are able to use them if you would like. We reserve the right to change them a little in the future, but for things like the owner-draw menus and the ColorListBox, I doubt anything will change. Also MarkupLabel, is what we use in SyntaxEditor for displaying formatted tips so I doubt it will change much either.

We don't currently have documentation for them since they are meant to be internal. However if you have questions, just post. They are pretty straightforward to use.

We hope to have a new beta soon for UIStudio. We completed a VB version of the sample project and completed our first round of documentation. We have made some new enhancements like updating the dock guides to the newer style that will most likely be released with Whidbey Beta 2. We also now allow you to specify global tool window settings like ToolWindowsCanAutoHide as well as instance overrides, so UIStudio will have probably the most powerful set of usability restriction features found in a docking window product.

Haven't tried it on Whidbey yet.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by dmelinosky
Sounds great, can't wait to use the new features.

Are the renderers hard coded to only draw your controls? I would love to be able to have a similar feature on some of my custom controls by extending what you already have. From what I saw in the documentation, it seems like this may not be possible as currently implemented.
Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes right now our renderers are meant to work for our specific controls. Our renderer design is pretty hard core and a lot of time has been put into designing it properly so that it is extensible on multiple levels. However the renderers are built for our controls.

You can make your own renderers that are capable of drawing our controls as well as your own. Just make sure like for docking controls, the renderer implements IDockRenderer, etc.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.