Incorrect wrapped text behavior

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 14 years ago by Oleg
Version: 4.0.0283
Platform: .NET 3.5
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi

I've noticed an inconsistency with other applications (Visual Studio, notepad, Word) when using WordWrap option in SyntaxEditor.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open SyntaxEditor sample application
- Set WordWrap option to any value (say 'Word')
- Put cursor to any line that was wrapped in SynaxEditor.
- Press 'End' key

SyntaxEditor control moves cursor to the next line which is not what user expects and is not the case with other applications like Visual Studio, notepad, Word.

+ There is also an issue with 'Home' key in this scenario, if wrapped text starts with space character. Pressing Home key for the first time will move cursor after the space character. Pressing Home key again will move cursor before the space character. And so on.

[Modified at 01/28/2010 04:54 AM]

Comments (2)

Posted 14 years ago by Oleg
Any info on that?
Posted 14 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Oleg,

Sorry, I believe our email server was down for a bit on the day you wrote this so we never got a notification of the post.

The End key behavior is something we're aware of but unfortunately it can't be fixed with how the selection is currently tracked. Right now we track selection via offsets and in order to support this how VS does, we'd need to track selection via line/col instead. It's something on our TODO list but would require a major overhaul of selection tracking.

I believe that if the End key functionality was working how VS does it, the Home key functionality we have now is correct.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 25 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.