Assembly load delay is killing me

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 19 years ago by clarkezone
At the moment, it seems there is a 10 second or so delay when attempting to load the Actipro UIStudio library. I assume this is some sort of licensing enforcement feature. However, given that the product is in beta and it isn't possible to buy a valid license, it seems more than a little annoying and I'm on the brink of ditching the beta for a competing product since my debugging cycle is reduced to a crawl by this.

On another point, since I'm only interested in / using Navigation Pane control, it is somewhat annoying to be pulling in an assembly with a bunch of the stuff I'm not using. I realise this means you can charge more for the whole "Studio" but, this is forcing me to pay for stuff i don't want to license hence another reason to look at the competition.

I should say that the control is working reasonably well (although it causes typing on the form into any control that accepts keyboard focus to go slowly) and I'd like to license it if you can address the above issues

Thanx

Comments (2)

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi there... we are very close to having the 1.0 final release out. We thought we had it ready this weekend however found a final thing that needs to be tweaked. Hang in there a couple more days... it should be out very soon.

Also, taking your suggestion, maybe we'll split the controls out into two assemblies, one for the dock controls/tabstrip and one for NavigationBar.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 19 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
UIStudio final just was released a few minutes ago and can now be purchased on our site. The dock/tabstrip controls are now in a separate assembly from the NavigationBar control. Enjoy!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 3 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.